Sunday 8 April 2018

Thing 17: Using Slideshare to share your work



Getting started with slideshare is very straight forward, I opted to access it using my google account.  Uploading your "contribution" to this site is a matter of clicking, selecting the file you want to upload or you can drag and drop it!!   Then, view it, give it a title, tag it, decide who you would like to share it with and publish it.  I decided to share using a link:

Before successfully sharing, I did try to upload a powerpoint presentation on "New Literacies."  However this powerpoint had videos I made embedded in it and they didn't play.  According to the website it doesn't support "direct video uploads"  so it would require me to upload it first to youtube. I also tried uploading an infographic but it isn't supported either.  I decided to upload a report I wrote about Summer Reading.  I needed to convert it into a pdf file before uploading.   I think slideshare is a social media platform which has huge potential for use as a promotion and marketing tool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thing 22: Reflection Engaged Professional

For the last month I have been "Running up that Hill."   I am almost there, I think??  This last badge has me thinkin...